The Advanced Studies Program is a prestigious academic summer course for high-school students aged 14-19. It is a unique opportunity for high-achieving students to live, study and socialise in the heart of London or in beautiful Oxford and Cambridge University Colleges. Students travel from all over the world to take part in this programme. Wherever they are from, all our students are independent, inquisitive and willing to embrace new experiences and cultures.
The Advanced Studies Program combines a challenging and stimulating academic syllabus focussing on each individual student’s needs with a full social program designed to make every student’s summer exciting and unforgettable. The academic content combines small-group tuition with one-to-one supervisions with expert tutors (Oxford and Cambridge). This teaching method encourages students to explore new or favourite topics in depth and make progress much faster, thanks to the uniquely high student-teacher ratio.
The Oxford and Cambridge Advanced Studies Program allows students to experience life as an Oxford or Cambridge undergraduate, and also gives students a real advantage in the competitive world of college applications. The London Advanced Studies Program has been adapted for younger students (14-16 years) and gives students the opportunity to explore one of the greatest cities in the world whilst experiencing life like a true Londoner. ASP is operated by Bucksmore Education, who have run summer schools since 1979. Bucksmore has an excellent, international reputation as a provider of high-quality summer programs. In 2016 students from 75 countries attended a Bucksmore summer course.
The course includes:
- Seminars in two subjects with a class size between one and six students.
- A wide variety of subjects to choose from.
- Full activity programme including sports and cultural visits.
- Excursions to popular destinations and attractions across the UK.
- Free time to explore the host city with new friends.
- A high nationality mix with students from all over the world.
Also included in Oxford and Cambridge:
- Weekly one-to-one tutorials in each subject plus occasional field trips relevant to the class in and around the city.
- Creative Workshops.
- Weekly Master Classes in key skills.
- Optional SAT or IELTS preparation every week.
The Advanced Studies Program offers unique opportunities for high-school students to experience life as an undergraduate in a top UK university and participate in a challenging academic summer school.